Gameland (Freitag, 7. April 2017 - Sonntag, 9. April 2017)

Das Hardedge Forum wurde am Abend des 30.01.2023 eingestellt und in ein Archiv umgewandelt. Bitte nicht versuchen sich zu registrieren oder einzuloggen.

Termin
    • Gameland (Freitag, 7. April 2017 - Sonntag, 9. April 2017)

Gameland is the first collaborative event from We Live Games and videogames.lu. At Gameland you will find various corners, where you'll be able to play different game genres. There will also be various tournaments such as Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Street Fighter V, King of Fighters XIV, Smash Bros. Wii U, Smash Bros. Melee and Mario Kart Double Dash.
      You'll also find different workshops and a lot of different activities around gaming that will be held through the whole weekend.
      Oh and before we forget. It's free!
      More information about the tournaments and online registrations here: gameland.live/tournaments/
    • Hey thanks for posting your event!
      I am considering to come with some other guys.
      Unfortunately on the same weekend there is an other tournament in our area but I am still interested.

Few questions:

On the webpage it says that it is possible to sleep in the venue?

Is it possible for us to bring PS4 Stations for Casual play? I am always a bit concerned that there might not be enough casual setups.

The Cap for SF5 is now at 32 spots which is kinda low. If there were more than 32 people would you increase to 64 probably?

Question towards SF5, KOF14: Since I don't know anyone from the luxemburg FGC. How is the skill level? Are the registered players actually tournament players or is everyone just participating for fun without even training the games?
      And are there people who want to play casual sets because it would be a shame if we come to your event just to play with ourselves because we play against ourselves all the time.
      At this point also the question of regional seeding comes to my mind.
      Ah da kommen die 09er. Was wollt's ihr ihm für Tipps geben?
      Short, Short, Super. Lernst' dann in SF5!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von machomanmo ()

• Hi Machomanmo

We are very happy that you are interested in our event.

It is possible to sleep in the venue but you have to bring your sleeping bags. It's not a hotel, it's just a room where you can sleep. I f you want something like a hotel I can give you this site: youthhostels.lu/fr/auberges-de…ge-de-jeunesse-hollenfels
      It's 30min away by bus.

There will be casual setups, even for other Fighting games (Guilty Gear, Blazeblue, Skullgirls, etc.). If you are concerned you can bring your PS4 with you, but I assure you that there will be enough setups^^.

64 players in Luxembourg is too much asked. It's a local and the FGC in Luxembourg is rather small in comparison to other countries. We rely on French, German and Belgian players in order to have a successful event.

Keep in mind that Gameland is not a pure Fighting game event. There will be casuals that play Nintendo, workshops, Quizzes etc. The Tournaments are still the main event though.

About the skill level. Most people, who are enlisted, join in for the fun. Some of them are competitive Fighting gamers but, like I said,our FGC is young and there are no top level players. Two Luxemburgers came out of pools in SFV during Fightclub NRW in Germany and made it into Top 16 and that's it. There are also a lot of French, Belgian and German players who will be participating. We are all willing to learn and so you don't have to worry. We will surely play with foreigners^^. Seedings are out of question.

We would be very happy if you could attend our event.